By using this website, you accept our use of cookies. Want to know more?

Accidents in Public Places

If you have suffered from an accident in a public place or while on public property that was not your fault, you may be entitled to claim for compensation.

All Councils, shop owners and other owners of property to which the public have access have a legal duty to ensure all reasonable steps are taken to avoid accidents and injury to members of the public. They are required by law to have in place Public Liability Insurance.

Public Liability therefore covers a very wide range of accidents and injuries which occur in Public Places.

We Can Help You With Claims Including:

To start your claim or find out if you can claim, call us on 0208 313 5111 or click here to complete an online enquiry and we will call you back.

What Counts As A ‘Public Place’?

Public Liability covers a broad range of accidents and possible injuries such as slips and trips that can occur in a ‘Public Place’, which may include:

  • Supermarkets

  • Restaurants

  • Shopping Centres

  • Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs

  • Swimming Pools

  • Schools and Universities

  • Pavements, Roads, Cycle Tracks, and Paths

  • Nursing and Care Homes

This is by no means an exhaustive list - we will be able to advise you if your accident occurred in a public place and whether you are eligible to claim compensation.

What is vital to a successful claim in these types of accidents is photographic evidence to show what caused you to slip or trip. You will need to take good quality photos of the fault that caused your accident, like a pothole or uneven paving. Ideally you should take photos of the defect with a ruler or an identifiable object such as a 50 pence piece in place to give an idea of scale and record the date the photos are taken.

You will also need to report the accident to the land owner at the earliest opportunity so that the incident can be recorded within an on-site accident book, a quick telephone call will be sufficient if this was not completed at the time of the actual accident.

How We Can Help You

At MTA Personal Injury Solicitors, our experienced team can deal with all levels of claims arising from accidents that have happened in public places.

We operate on a No Win No Fee basis, so our fees will be taken from the damages recovered and, if no damages are recovered, no fees will be payable.

To start your claim or find out if you can claim, call us on 0208 313 5111 or click here to complete an online enquiry and we will call you back.
Contact Us

Contact MTA Personal Injury on 0208 313 5111 or alternatively, complete the form below.
Title *
First name *
Surname *
Email *
Telephone *
Enquiry type *

When would you like to be called?
What time? *
Contact one of our Injury Solicitors
Call 0208 313 5111 or Make an Online Enquiry