By using this website, you accept our use of cookies. Want to know more?

Accidents and Illness Abroad

Experiencing an illness, injury or accident while abroad, whether on holiday or for work, can be traumatic, but you may be able to claim compensation even though you were in a different country.

The time limits and process for making a compensation claim for Accident or Illness Abroad can vary depending on the nature of the claim and where it is pursued. Our specialist solicitors have significant experience and expertise in this field of law and will advise you on this.

We can help with compensation claims for a range of accidents and illnesses abroad, including:

  • Illness contracted while on holiday, such as food poisoning, norovirus, diarrhoea or Cryptosporidium

  • Illness caused by drinking contaminated water

  • Accidents on hotel or resort premises, such as a trip, slip or fall by the pool or on slippery or uneven surfaces

  • Accidents while on an excursion or day trip

  • Fatal injuries overseas

  • Accidents while travelling by air

  • Accidents on a cruise ship or other ship

  • Winter sports, skiing or snowboarding accident

  • Boat, sailing or water sports accident

  • Accident or injury while taking part in sports or other recreational activities, such as scuba diving or horse riding

  • Road traffic accidents (car, bike, motorcycle, coach or scooter), whether you were a passenger, driver or pedestrian

  • Accidents while working abroad

To start your claim or find out if you can claim, call us on 0208 313 5111 or click here to complete an online enquiry and we will call you back. 

How We Can Help You

Our team of expert Personal Injury Solicitors specialise in this area of law and, if you are entitled to make a claim, they will assist you in thoroughly documenting the circumstances surrounding your accident or injury, creating a detailed account of the impact on your physical and emotional well-being.

We operate on a No Win No Fee basis, so our fees will be taken from the damages recovered and, if no damages are recovered, no fees will be payable.

To start your claim or find out if you can claim, call us on 0208 313 5111 or click here to complete an online enquiry and we will call you back.

For more detailed information regarding specific types of Accident or Illness Abroad claims, the regulations which apply and other types of travel compensation, visit our specialist website
Contact Us

Contact MTA Personal Injury on 0208 313 5111 or alternatively, complete the form below.
Title *
First name *
Surname *
Email *
Telephone *
Enquiry type *

When would you like to be called?
What time? *
Contact one of our Personal Injury Solicitors
Call 0208 313 5111 or Make an Online Enquiry